Friday, 13 March 2015

Casual Tailoring




ZARA shirt
H&M trews
NIKE roshe runs

I've never really been a trainer kinda girl. I like pretty shoes. I wear heels as often as I possibly can, bad-ass boots in the winter and chic sandals in the summer. I haven't worn a pair of trainers (other than to the gym) since I was 14 and going through my Converse All Stars phase. So, when trainers arrived back on the fashion scene and I liked them I was slightly confused. The only thing I didn't like about the new trend was the price tag of a pair of Nike or Adidas kicks. Up to and beyond £100 for a pair of trainers?! It's against my programming to spend that much on a pair of... sensible shoes.

After a lot of lusting and debating over Roshe Run, Air Max and Stan Smith I discovered a loophole in the system. The children's section. Now, I don't have tiny feet by any means. But - to my surprise - Nike stock trainers in the kids' section up to a size 5.5. What?! At literally half the price of the adult's and almost identical designs, I snapped up a pair in a matter of seconds. 

Since they arrived on my doorstep I've worn them countless times. With black skinny jeans and a leather jacket for running errands, with tailored trousers and a crisp shirt (like this outfit) for a relaxed take on smart tailoring, and I even wore them to fashion week with a sharp burgundy suit. Oh I do love a versatile shoe. And the best part? They're freakin' comfortable.

Are you sold on the trainers-as-fashion-statement trend? Tell me how you style yours.


Sarah...x


Pictures by Voxical Photography
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. So gorgeous Sarah - noting beats a pinstripe trouser!

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear trainers everyday, not really for fashion just because they're so easy to wear and go with everything!

    You look amazing and I love those trousers!!

    DenimMondays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I'm definitely checking out the Nike kids section haha! I'm only a size 4! Perks of having small feet ey

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post and beautiful pictures! Like your blog very much! You do a great job!
    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am forever in trainers these days! Love this look, very chilled but stylish <3 the trainers look great on you! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying for that bag, you've deffo sold it to me even more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit the trousers are amazing!

    http://crazy4ties.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos, you look amazing. I agree, why are trainers so extortionate?! Luckily I wear a size 3 so can also get them for cheaper :)
    https://cherieedle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig