Friday, 16 January 2015

Minimal Accessories


When it comes to jewellery and accessories, I'm a minimal girl at heart. But, this hasn't always been the case. I have vivid memories as a young teen of giant hoop earrings the size of my head, hundreds of (very noisy) bangles on each arm for holidays and giant rings with bright, colourful stones.

These days you'll be lucky if you catch me wearing any jewellery at all - bar a couple of minimal midi rings and a simple black pendant. This necklace sees me through every outfit, it goes with everything and is the easiest way to add a little somethin' somethin' to an otherwise basic look. I recently left it at a friend's house who took a good few weeks returning it. Needless to say, I felt a little lost.

Since receiving my beautiful Daniel Wellington watch*, it has barely left my arm. With the simple black leather strap and elegant rose gold detailing, it's the perfect accompaniment to pretty much any look. Not to mention it goes perfectly with my fave Whistles clutch bag - another staple minimal accessory that sees me through every occasion. 

As far as eye-wear is concerned, I like to make a little more of a statement. I've got big love for my tortoiseshell Ray Ban frames for days when I'm not wearing my contacts. For sunglasses I lean towards bigger frames, mainly because they hide half of my face making them perfect for hangovers. These are a cheap pair from River Island, but this year I'd love to get my hands on a pair of Miu Miu or Céline shades.

Last, but not least. Hats. I remember buying a bowler hat when I was a student and wearing it out to nightclubs and bars all the time. I'm still partial to a piece of head gear, but these days it comes in the form of a camel fedora from no other than Primark. The thing about a good hat is that it instantly makes any basic outfit not so basic. 

So from minimal like me, to OTT like Mr T, where do you stand on the accessory spectrum?


S...x


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Your DW is gorgeous, so chic! I used to wear soo much jewellery as well, including the dreaded giant hoop earrings!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe that camel fedora is from Primark, it's soooo perfect, as well as those sunglasses, I need them! I am so bad when it comes to accessories, I chuck on a fedora and my usual bag and that's normally it!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these picks! I would wear any and all of this :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of that hat and the clutch bag is so lovely

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hat is more than amazing,
    Im the same I rarely accessorise, though like you I do remember the giant hoop days.

    Kerry | http://unfashionablesundays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! I love your watch!!

    www.blondeincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel Wellington watches are classics, really loveky. Grat flat lay chick

    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the minimal look…until it comes to rings.
    Cute collection.

    Jennifer Jayne xx
    jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig