Friday, 2 January 2015

A New Year

There's something about a brand new year that installs a sense of new beginnings and fresh starts in us all. It's a chance to evaluate the previous year and remember all the things we did that made us smile, and it's an opportunity to consider what we want to achieve over the next year. The above photo was taken in January 2014 and although in some ways it only feels like a short while ago, in other ways I know so much has happened since then. 

Here are some things I did in 2014 that I'm proud of:

Travelled - I did that 'backpacking' thing. I've done a modest amount of travelling in the past few years but this time I ditched the nice hotels and swanky restaurants and opted for hostels and flat shoes instead. It was a great, alternative way to experience some new (to me) European cities this year, I met loads of new people and had an amazing time.

Graduated - University wasn't an easy ride for me. I found it very difficult, demotivating and kind of disappointing. At one point it was very uncertain as to whether I wanted to stay at all, but I did. I struggled through my final year and, after what felt like a life time, I finally made it through the other side. Graduating uni with a 2:1 in English Literature is one of my biggest achievements and proudest moments of 2014.   

Appeared in Company Magazine - Blogging is a funny old thing sometimes. Acquaintances who don't really 'get' blogging often ask me how the 'modelling' is going, which I find hilarious. But this year, because of my blog, I actually did get the chance to try my hand at that 'modelling' thing. Turns out I'm not cut out for it at all. But I did get my own double page spread in a fashion mag and I'm pretty proud of that.     

Attended LFW - I've been to a few London Fashion Weeks now. Attending shows is always really exciting and sauntering about the cobbles at Somerset House, pretending to be part of the 'fash pack', is great laugh. The best part though is always hanging out with my faves Sophie and Allie. We can always make time for an Amarretto Sour at Bill's between the rest of the chaos.

Like I said in my last post, sometimes it's best to just see where life takes you. However, I always like to have a few aims and goals to guide me in a somewhat focused direction. So here's a couple of my 'resolutions' of sorts: 

Stay Career Focused - I am starting a brand new job next week. This is both very exciting and somewhat nerve wracking. Will I be any good at it? Will they like me? Is this the right decision for my future?! Who knows? What I do know is that I'm going to put everything I've got into finding out. 

Boring Things Matter - For the love of God save some damn money. Oh, and keep your room tidy. Having recently moved back into my old room at my parents' house, I've decided this year that I'm going to make it a little more 'me' again and add a few finishing touches to the decor. I'm already mentally planning a wall gallery. 

Enjoy Reading Again - Having studied English Literature at university, you can imagine there was a time when I absolutely loved reading. Unfortunately my degree sucked all the enjoyment out of it and instead it became a huge chore. This year I fully intend to rediscover the joy of fiction and hopefully pick up a few good books. Any recommendations?

I'd love to know what you did last year that made you smile and, tell me, do you have any New Year resolutions?


Sarah...x    
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. You had such a good year, and not just cos of hanging out in Bills with Soph & I!
    Good luck in your new job, you are going to be awesome!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, you had a lovely year sarah! hope 2015 is amazing too

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - it's awesome that you accomplished something like testing out modelling! bravo! this past year i too traveled a ton (three new countries visited!) and started enjoying reading books again! ever since graduating college i've had such a hard time getting back into the swing of reading books for pleasure and not just in the summer time. happy new year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tartan your blog is really nice
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing year you had! Hope this one is even better!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, I just found your blog and have enjoyed looking back over your recent posts, especially the OOTDs, I like your style! x
    modemadeleine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit and so good to hear that you had a good year. I would love to go backpacking when I'm healthy! I hope this yeah will be a fantastic year for you!
    Emma Xx

    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig