Tuesday, 26 August 2014

AW14 Trend Alert: Updated Seventies





If there's one trend this Autumn Winter that I am fully on board with it's the updated seventies. Every season designers pull inspiration from previous decades, but it seems to be the nineties and the sixties that pop up the most frequently. However, for the first time in a long while the new season is all about the seventies. This time it's less 'vintage bohemian' which is often what we associate with the decade, and instead it's focusing on the flared jeans, floppy hats, and retro colour palettes - but with a 2014 update.

Seventies style meets modern tailoring in the form of boyfriend cut camel coats and wide leg palazzo trews. Combine that with shades of rusty burnt orange and mustard yellow and you've hit the nail on the head. Another take on the trend is to pair your dark wash flared jeans with your favourite leather jacket for that seventies look but with an edgy twist. 

So, what do you think of the updated seventies trend? Will you be shunning your skinny jeans in favour of flares this season? Let me know!


Sarah...x

(Images all found on Pinterest)
Shop the trend!


  

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Ah I think I adore my skinny jeans too much to trade them in for flares, but loving the fedoras! :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I'll certainly be sticking to my skinny jeans, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate others working the trend - I'm thoroughly looking forward to seeing how others incorporate the trend into their wardrobe!! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove seventies flares and have been dying to get my hands on the perfect pair for ages! One day I will find them, one day.

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post and this trend! Definitely going to be investing in some flares. Found a pair of my mums wool ones the other day that I have nabbed and taken to be fixed. They are gorgeous and so flattering. xx
    Julia in Disguise| UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the top middle image, that green coat is beautiful. I think I'm too short for flares, but I do love the hats, so I think I'll work up the confidence for those!
    http://kaylalocket.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love that flares are back :D

    www.copykitty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig