Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Back to Work Inspiration


Back to Work Inspiration




It's back to work for everyone this week! The Christmas holiday is officially over. No more eating turkey and sweeties until we feel sick, then going for a brisk walk in the country side to burn off the calories. No more sparkly eyeliner or dresses covered in sequins. Sigh...

Today I thought I'd share some 'back to work' fashion inspiration with you all. I'm a third year university student so I spend the majority of my time in my pyjamas, crying over my dissertation, while at the weekends I throw on a super sexy uniform and head to my job in retail. So stylish! I'm often envious of those in full time work who get to style up beautiful suits, pencil skirts, and smart dresses on the daily. Hopefully towards the end of this year I'll be doing the same thing, so I thought I'd get my thinking cap on and come up with some outfits I could see myself in when I finally head out to work like a proper grown up.

It's no secret that I love clothes with androgynous vibes, and so the cigarette pants and blazer are basically my idea of heaven. Paired with the flat monochrome shoes and a crisp white shirt would look really smart, and still bang on trend. While I am a trouser girl at heart, I have always wanted an occasion to rock a pencil skirt, and if that camel coloured Burberry number doesn't scream office chic, then I don't know what does. Pair it with a geometric print blouse and some beautiful loafers and you've got yourself an outfit good enough for Moneypenny.     
Do any of you have jobs that require a work wear wardrobe? I'm sure you'll all tell me that the novelty wears off after a while, but I can't help getting excited about leaving my student life behind and entering into the magical world of chic trouser suits and office city bags galore.

Sarah...x
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I work in an office, so I need to dress smart - unfortunately, early starts and a long commute means getting dressed for work can sometimes feel like a chore. That being said, I do love that grey dress...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the mini city bag from Zara? I have the blue one, it is lovely :)
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! Love the monochrome!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of wearing 2 piece suit but I would love something with print! I work in an office but I can wear almost everything I want which is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not very into the androgynous look if I'm honest, but the pieces you chose I love! great job. xx

    Fernanda @ Ferdie's Finds

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig