Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Review | Maybelline Colour Tattoos


Maybelline Colour Tattoos in Pink Gold, On and On Bronze and Metallic Pomegranate

These damn Colour Tattoos have got me all in a muddle. I've edited this post so many times since I first took the pictures, it's a bit of a joke, but I just keep changing my mind on how I feel about them!

At first I really wasn't blown away. I thought the colours were a bit rubbish, and I tried to apply with my fingers which just wasn't working for me. However, my opinion has changed since then. I started using my eyeshadow brush which I found made it a lot easier to apply and looked a lot neater. The pomegranate one was the colour I was most excited about, and as a base for MAC's 'Cranberry' it really is a fab product. However, I was hoping the colour would be a real pop of deep red that I could wear on it's own should the mood take me. I don't think it's a great colour though, it's a bit dull if you know what I mean. I do, however, quite like the bronze and pink ones on their own as a cream shadow. If I'm in a bit of a rush they're quite nice with just a flick of eyeliner and some mascara.

I've actually been pairing the Pink Gold with MAC's 'All That Glitters' over the top quite often recently which looks so girly and pretty and sparkly. I just love it and think they're a match made in heaven. It's got to be said as well that the staying power for these bad boys is incredible. Once they're on, they really don't budge. I have heard mixed reviews from different people using different colours and I think the general consensus is that they all seem to come with varying levels of quality. It's a shame, but luckily I seem to have bought some of the best of the bunch.  

Have any of you tried the Maybelline Colour Tattoos? Which are your favourite shades?

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I really want to get my hands on a few of these! They look so so so good! x

    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been absolutely DYING to try these! I've had my eye on pink gold and pomegranate for a while, I love the look of pink gold even more now I've seen the swatch, however I think I would rather have on and on bronze over pomegranate now - what an absolutely gorgeous colour!

    Chels <3 HumbleHonesty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try these. I can see what you mean by the colours not popping but I think if you build them up they'd be cool or for a casual day they'd work. Good post!

    Kisses xo, Selorm.
    She Just Talks | sjtx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I really appreciate your honest opinion on these products! I feel like I've only ever heard great things about them so it's good to hear something a little different ;)

    I may or may not give them a try...I think I'm more addicted to mac, but it's always nice when you can find a cheap dupe for something isn't it?

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was pretty disappointed in pomegranate. WHen I first got it I really wanted to use it as a color liner for fall but when I tried doing that felt it applied really weakly. I forgot about it until I tried again the other day using it as an all over lid shadow and you are SO RIGHT that it is muted. It's no where near as gorgeous and prominent as you would guess looking at the package. Revlon has lots of creme eyeshadow palettes that are much more pigmented than these. And because of how muted they apply, I think they're kind of a rubbish dupe for MAC's amazing paint pots. The packaging is great but I was a bit underwhelmed. As a base they do work but absolutely no way do these pop on their own the way I was hoping they would..

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, I think they are such great bases as well as easy to blend with other powder eyeshadows, I have been using the bronze one as my go to and I do own about 6 of these and love them all. Try the Audacious Asphalt, it's fab, what I'm wearing today :) I don't like the Blue and Gold Rush ones, but the others are fab.

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have On and On Bronze and I love it! I really want to get Pink Gold but every time I go to the drugstore it seems to be sold out, weird. Hopefully I will find it soon xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I can imagine how good All That Glitters would look with Pink Gold - perhaps something I'm going to have to try :)

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I can imagine how good All That Glitters would look with Pink Gold - perhaps something I'm going to have to try :)

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you're making me want to get them!
    Pink Gold and On And On Bronze looks amazing!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only tried On and On Bronze but I think Metallic Pomegranate and Pink Gold looks gorgeous. Not sure about any of the other colours that they have to offer though!

    Rosie
    x
    therunwayrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like Pink Gold. Great post xx

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have tried all three and love all three colors! I agree that the pomegranate didn't quite come off as perfectly as it looks, but I've been using it as a gel-like eyeliner and love it.

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these, you can create wonderful looks with them. Currently I'm wearing a lot of On and On Bronze and Pomegranate together and it's working really well for an autumn look. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig