Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Are You Bored of Tartan Yet?

 TOPSHOP coat 

PRIMARK shoes, top, tights

RIVER ISLAND shorts

ZARA bag 

I don't know about you guys, but I am feeling a little on the fence about the whole tartan trend this season. I have got a couple of tartan things that I absolutely love for example these little shorts (which manage to incorporate the hounds tooth pattern, which is also huge this A/W) and my amazing giant clutch bag, see here. I do think, however, that seeing every girl and their dog with a tartan skirt and a tartan scarf is getting a little bit overkill. Don't you think? I suppose it's quite an easy trend to follow which is why so many people have jumped on the bandwagon, but I don't think I'll be buying anything else with the pattern this season, unless it's something I really can't live without. What do you guys think? Are you getting sick of it yet?

Well, back to the outfit. I paired my cough-tartan-cough shorts with a simple black vest top and some sheer tights. By the way these tights are from Primark and I wore them for the first time when I took these photos and managed to ladder them halfway through the shoot. Primark tights? What was I thinking? Anyway, I really like wearing shorts or a short dress under a huge coat at the moment. I'm kind of into the androgynous look right now, you guys know that. And of course I wore my all time favourite loafers, I'm still in shock at how little I paid for such beautiful (and comfy!) shoes. 

Oh and have you guys all got your Halloween outfits sorted yet? I can't wait to show you mine!

Sarah...x



SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Great look on you :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not bored of tartan :) this look is perfect I am tempted to go for the shorts :)

    Please follow

    http://apotofvintageplease.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just a perfect autumn look!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on the fence at first, but I really like it now, plus it's everywhere so it's quite hard to not find a piece of tartan goodness!
    This look is fantastic! I am in love with that coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coat!

    www.heavenlyclutter.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm certainly not bored yet. I can't believe I didn't like tartan a few weeks back!! I guess its pkay to include at least one tartan item into an outfit but when the whole this is tartan, that can be a little OTT :) Great look though.

    Mintyessence

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit,and yes, I can't wait to see yours! xx

    http://floradorarose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking fab! Not bored of tartan yet.. haven't seen many tartan shorts around either!

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I NEED that coat!

    Hallie
    knitteddaisy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nopee not bored of tartan! Especially when it looks so fab on you :D

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the look
    http://exitwonds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totes agree! But I must say I am absolutely in love with the way you've paired these tartan shorts!
    http://chrissysblurr.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing outfit! :)

    http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig