Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Outfit | Sixties Vibes


(Dress, Dorothy Perkins. Heels, Zara. Turban, Ebay. Lips, MAC 'Rebel')

Recently I discovered that I don't own any fancy clothes. When I say fancy what I mean is 'suitable for formal occasions'. I own a tonne of casual clothes, and of course the odd party dress here and there, but when it comes to something decent that I could wear to work (yanno, like, when I have a grown up job) or an interview, or any other such event. I really have diddly squat. And you know what else? I found it astonishingly difficult to shop for such an item as well! Normally shopping comes naturally to me, I usually know exactly what I'm looking for, and if I don't have anything in mind then the beautiful things seem to come looking for me! But when it came to shopping for the perfect formal-outfit, I hit a brick wall. 

However, eventually, after traipsing around the shops for what seemed like an eternity, I stumbled upon this lovely little dress in good old Dotty P's! It's a sort of shift dress, with what looks like a crop top over the top. Something a bit different - so obviously I liked it. The dog tooth print makes it sophisticated and classic, but the shape of the dress gives it a modern twist. Bingo! When I was trying it on at home I decided it had a bit of a sixties mod vibe to it and that it would look simply perfect with a turban wrapped around my head. No? Too far? I'm not saying I'd wear the turban to a job interview, but what the hell, I think it looks pretty awesome. 

What do you think of my fancy-pants-sixties outfit? 

    

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I love this outfit! The dress is perfect for an interview. Need!

    Style Blog // Photography Blog // Photography Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit, perfectly formal yet stylish! I never really shop in Dorothy Perkins.. one of those that I forget about but this dress is gorgeous :)
    x

    girlwithclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress! I also feel like I need to buy some more formal clothes x

    http://lovetelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I deffo need to stock up my work wardrobe - I'm hoping when I eventually get a job it will have a uniform!! Much easier. Love this dress!Xx

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Style and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the modern twist with the dress! Such a classic and stunning outfit :)
    x
    Alona

    ps- I have a new post on my blog! Would love to hear what you think! stylewanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in the same boat last week and had to rush out and get some suitable-for-work clothes last week! LOVE the turban!

    www.monadot.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look!

    SSSx
    www.stylestreetstalker.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ♥♥♥ your blouse ! The pattern is lovely!!x

    -xoxo,Selorm
    New Blog: sjtx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look, monochrome is my faaaave

    ReplyDelete
  10. classy and cool, love it! the headband makes it :D

    aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh I love the print! It's such an unusual-shape dress, too, lovely :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig