Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Holy Grail Products for Flawless Skin


1. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

2. Real Techniques Buffing Brush

3. Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Stick

4. Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 facial wash & mask.

Up until this summer I always thought of myself as having dry, sensitive skin. Unlike a lot of people I have never really had a problem with spots and oily T-Zones, but suffering from dry, flaky patches and bad reactions to overly fragranced products instead. Over the years I've developed my own (albeit pretty basic) skin care routine that has served me well right up until the last couple of months. During the obscenely hot weather we've had this summer I have experienced a whole new variety of skin problems, including a lot of breakouts around my chin and cheeks, as well as excess oil giving me a shiny face throughout the day. Not a pretty sight, basically.

It's taken a bit of trial and error to combat my new skin issues, but I think I have finally found the perfect combination of products to create a flawless finish! I still have quite sensitive skin and so I didn't want to use any products that were too heavy, but I still wanted a face wash that would help tackle my breakouts. I bought this Neutrogena 2 in 1 jobby and I've used it every single day since. I've only used it as a mask a couple of times, but as a face wash it's perfect! It doesn't make my skin feel dry or tight like some of the other facial washes I tried did, and it's definitely helped my skin become visibly clear (see what I did there?) again. 

The face wash has definitely helped to combat the breakouts and excess oil that I'd been experiencing, but I still had a few stubborn spots around my chin that just weren't budging. However, since I bought this Blemish Stick from the Body Shop that is officially a thing of the past. This product has worked absolute wonders for my skin and I'm never ever going to be without it again. I actually lost it for a couple of days and had a major panic! I just dab it over any spots that crop up and they're gone within 24 hours, if not less!

Lastly, foundation. I've tried many a different foundation this summer but I've settled on the Rimmel Wake Me Up as my holy grail. Blended in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush gives me a perfect finish, without being too heavy. Everything I want in a foundation! Of course I apply a bit of concealer under the eyes and throughout the day I might lightly powder any shiny patches that appear. But other than that, these are my four holy grails for my current skin condition. I've been really happy with this routine lately and am so glad I've finally been able to tackle the issues I was having this summer. Now I'll just wait for the weather to change and no doubt a whole new bunch of skin problems will come with it!

   

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. i love the wake me up foundation, although at first it kind of broke me out a bit :( xxx

    www.fashionfumblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to the Rimmel foundation... next one after I finish a few that I have open right now.

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, this foundation is also my favourite! It's sooooo good! xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I really want to try the blemish stick & Visibly clear is one of my favourites! xx

    - Selorm♥
    sjtx.webnode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wake Me Up foundation is one of my favourites!

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the RT Buffing Brush, such a fab brush! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with my RT buffing brush! It really does give the most flawless finish!

    aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever since buying the buffing brush it's all I ever use! I also use that facial wash and it's great :)
    oohlalaafashion

    ReplyDelete
  9. The buffing brush is one of the best things i've ever bought! Love this post x

    www.the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig