Friday, 19 July 2013

Review: Revlon Lip Butters


The rumours are true, friends. I am officially a sheer lipstick convert. I used to be all about the bright matte lip, and don't get me wrong I've not completely abandoned my old favourites. However, this summer I have been steering towards the sheer glossy colours at the Revlon stand. I have no idea why it's taken me so long to stumble upon this product as they've been around for ages. Where have I been?! Being a bit of a lip gloss fiend I suppose this sort of product never appealed to me before. That is all in the past now though, and I'm on a mission to build up my collection!

These lip products are quite sheer but can be built up to create lovely bright colours. So far I've got a coral, a pink, and a red, and for now I think that will keep me satisfied. But they also do an array of other colours which I'm sure will make their way into my make up bag in the near future. It's not all about the colour though, 'cause the formula to these bad boys is to friggin' die for. They're really moisturising and feel just like a lip balm. The only thing stopping them being the perfect summer lip product is that they melt. Really easily. Especially with this crazy heat we've been having in the UK for the last few weeks. I made the mistake of popping one in my handbag so I could reapply throughout the day and it all ended up in a bit of a mess. It was salvageable, thank God, but it's definitely lost it's perfect shape that the other two have.

Onto the colours...


First up! Tutti Frutti. This is a really gorgeous orange-y coral colour. It's perfect for summer and probably the one I've been reaching for most over the last few weeks. I love it because it's so wearable and you don't feel as self conscious as you might wearing a brighter matte orange.


Second, my most recent addition to the collection. Sorbet. It's a lovely bright pink and lord knows I can't resist a pink lipstick. I already had a red and an orange so adding a pink one to the equation seemed to make sense. It's a really pretty colour and I just know I'm going to get a tonne of wear out of it. 


And finally, Wild Watermelon. This is the first of the lip butters I bought and this is the one that melted a bit (cry cry cry). It's a bright red colour but because it's still sheer I feel like I can get away with wearing it to work, or on a day to day basis. I think the reason I'm loving these lip butters so much is because they're so low maintenance. Application is a total breeze, unlike bright lipsticks which can be a bit of a faff. Being just like lip balms, they go on really easily and there's just no fuss. Being as lazy as I am this is probably why I've fallen so much in love with them!

So that's my review of the Revlon lip butters! If you have any recommendations for which colours I should buy next then throw them my way...





SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I can't believe it melted :( I love the look of Sorbet.. such a cute shade :D xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. im definitely getting tutti frutti when i pop into town soon :) it looks lovely on you.

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the look of these colours. I've been wearing candy apple for the last couple of days and love how moisturising it is :) x

    shotofbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wild Watermelon is stunning :)

    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Revlon lip butters, so far I only have one which is Candy Apple but I am definitely going to purchase more. I agree with you about them melting easily, I've noticed that with mine, not ideal! xx

    - Jayne

    Electra Violet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lip butters!
    New follower :)
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo I want one! Can't decide which one though, they all look great on you babe x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine has melted too! I swatched it for an upcoming post and it just broke down, so sad.

    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have this Wild Watermelon lip butter but it doesn't look as good on my lips as it does on yours! Tutti Frutti is definitely on my wishlist xx

    I just found your blog and I'm now following you on bloglovin'! Amazing blog xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig