Sunday, 9 June 2013

Best of the 90s: Music

So far I've shared with you my favourite 90s TV shows as well as my favourite 90s fashion. And today I'm back with some more wonders from the 90s, and this time it's all about music. I don't think a lot of people really consider the 90s a particularly revolutionary decade for music, but if you look past Boyzone and the Spice Girls, there's a lot of great musicians that came onto the scene in the 90s, many of whom I still listen to today! And what better to listen to them all on than a walkman?! 


The Red Hot Chili Peppers


I remember my brother getting his first ever guitar when we were younger and then listening to a lot of Red Hot Chili Peppers after that. (He's an amazing player now - check him out on sound cloud!) Anyway, I find the Red Hot Chili Peppers are a great band to listen to in the car with the windows rolled down on a hot sunny day. Is that lame? 

Nirvana


Couldn't really do a whole post on 90s music and not include Nirvana, could I?

Oasis


Everyone has their favourite Gallagher brother, and mine's gotta be Noel, the brains behind the band! I really like his new band Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, too, and one of my best friends sang as a backing singer at one of their gigs a while ago. Cool huh?! Oasis seem to possess a very laid back 'I don't care about anything' vibe and I have to say, I really dig it.   

Foo Fighters


Dave Grohl making a second appearance in this post, what a great guy. The Foo Fighters are up there as one of my favourite bands, and was I jealous last summer when my brother saw them at Reading festival? No... of course not...

Goo Goo Dolls


oh yeah and I was listening to Iris way before it was 'cool'.


If you've read this post thinking 'you were born in 1992, there's no way you were actually listening to these bands in the 90s' you are correct. It was my older brother who (probably unknowingly) got me listening to these bands when we were younger, but it wasn't until I was a teenager when I developed more of an interest in music anyway. So at 8 years old I was not headbanging to the Foo Fighters, but I definitely am now. All thanks to my favourite decade for spewing out some really great music! 

Obviously I've missed a lot of bands out of this post because, well I'm only human. So leave me a comment with some of your favourite 90s music! 


Note: All images found from Google Images and Pinterest.




SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I love your 90's posts!

    The music choices are awesome, probably the same as my list, i'd just have to throw Steps and The Spice Girls in there for old time sake!!

    Shelley
    XO

    http://the-shelley-diaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You missed out the spice girls!
    Ha ha great selection, definitely the bands that I listened to more now!

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born in 1992, so I didn't listen to them at the time but I love bands like this now :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother was named after Liam Gallagher haha, loveeeeee the 90's!!
    I haven't done a music post in so long and feel quite inspired now, thank you :)

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post!! Love this bands!!
    Would you like to follow each other?? Please check out my blog and let me know :)
    xx

    http://fashionalatic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i love every single band you have mentioned.. still listen to them now!!

    leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to Red Hot Chili Peppers and Goo Goo Dolls! And what about Matchbox20? Yes! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveee these bands (:

    http://mystyletherapy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the goo goo dolls!
    I'm now following you on Blog Lovin' - would be great to get a follow back
    : ) http://mylittlebookofstyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. red hot chilliiiiiiiii's still love their albums, and of course the foo's xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog and love love love love love it! :D
    GREAT post... Really agree with your sense of music! Just brought guitar hero and it's really great rocking to all the 90's classics :P

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all! Especially Nirvana and the Red Hot Chili Peppers!

    Love,

    Rowan

    Personal Style Blog www.redreidinghood.com
    Hardloop Blog: www.chicksrunningonkicks.com
    Ps: ENTER MY GIVEAWAY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN 75 EUROS TO SPEND AT COOLCAT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the Foo's and the Goo Goo Dolls. Iris is my most favourite song of all time, it's amazing!!!! xxx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of these bands!
    Amazing selection, esp RHCP!
    :)


    Emily / Glittery Teacups

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was some and still is some great music! Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig