Sunday, 19 May 2013

To crop, or not to crop.




(Jeans, Topshop. Flatforms, ASDA. Crop top, New Look. Jumper, Topshop. Spike necklace, Primark. Neon necklace, New Look.)

Jeans are my best friends. I'm predominantly a jeans and T shirt kinda gal, so the fact that Topshop have released so many wonderful pairs recently makes me very happy. I fell in love with my black Joni jeans so much that I had to go back and purchase the blue pair. And now they've released the beautiful 'Mom' jeans which are so 90s and so shouldn't work. But they just do! They really do. I haven't got my hands on the Mom jeans yet due to just having bought the two pairs of joni jeans and I'm not sure I can justify yet another Topshop splurge. But I am thoroughly enjoying seeing everyone else wearing them. I think they're fab.

I titled this post 'to crop, or not to crop' because I've seen a lot of controversy when it comes to crop tops recently. Personally, I love them. I think they look great with high waisted jeans or maxi skirts. Plus there's something about a crop top that gives a little nod to the 90s, which I love. But I know a lot of people disagree. So I was just interested in where you guys stand on the crop top front? Yes? Or no?

I've also piled on the jewellery today with not one but two statement necklaces. Is this acceptable? I totally think so. I've also got some little neon pink earrings in as well, which is unusual for me because I don't normally wear anything in my lobes anymore. But I saw these in New Look for the bargain price of £2.99 and couldn't really resist.

In other news, my exams start and finish this week which is ridiculously exciting. Not the actual exam part, but the finishing my second year at uni part. The end of education is in sight! I was thinking the other day about my uni experience (which, you'll probably know is quite a negative one), and I realised that there are so many things that I did wrong - and if I could do it all again there are so many things I would do differently. But I guess there's no point dwelling on the poor choices we made as teenagers. Right? ;-)












SHARE:

29 comments

  1. I personally love the new crop top phase that's coming in. And what I think is so brilliant about it, is that if you pair it with something high wasted with only an inch or so of skin showing, it can be very wearable by lots of different body shapes.

    becominghugo.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of the looks you put together and I like crop tops if you are slim enough to wear them, I think for girls like me with a curvy figure and big boobs they just don't look great? maybe its just on my figure I'm not sure but if you can pull them off go for it! I also love those jeans! I'll definitely have to get some topshop are fab for jeans!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so slim so this style is realy good for you! Stunning! Great pictures as well!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at getting a pair of Joni jeans for a while but Topshop sizing just doesn't agree with me :(
    These look stunning on you, so flattering and you've styled them well!
    If you saw my recent post you'll know I'm a huge fan of crop tops :p

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peachpowxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgoeus outfit and the more necklaces the better in my opinion hehe following on blogloving found on blog hop but of course read ur blog before :)
    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel about the Joni Jeans. I am in love with them.
    Need to get more pairss!

    Leah x

    Peachesandsmoke.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit, you look fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your necklaces, cant believe this is from Primark, whenever i go in there i cant seem to find many myself. Also Joni jeans, LOVE - cant go wrong.

    Please give my blog a look and lemme know what you think :)am now following you, loving your style.

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking godo girl! I love your necklace :)

    Please feel free to enter my Daniel Wellington giveaway (here) - you could win yourself a watch worth £200!x

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Joni jeans, they're so easy to wear! I'm really sorry you had a negative time at uni :( it's hard when everyone puts so much pressure on you to have a good time, and it's just not for you xxx

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have such a great figure!
    good luck with your exams

    I found you through the #bloggersbunch blog hop.
    International 750 Follower giveaway

    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple but effective :)

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look very nice!
    Love your high-waisted jeans!
    let me know if u want follow each other;)
    Kisses x
    http://fashiongirlfromtown.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love crop tops but their just not for me :(
    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these jeans, I am dying to get a pair in every color they do! They look amazing in you!! Xx

    www.indigogirl1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely to crop! You look amazing in yours especially paired with your jeans. Your legs go on forever x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like crop tops on other people.. I'm way too curvy to wear one, as it'd be very unattractive but if people have the figure then do it.. flaunt it! Haha xxx

    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love this look on you! I could never pull this off!
    New follower here, looking forward to reading more.

    Lyndsay xx
    www.fizzypeaches.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love crop tops and who doesn't love being a bit a controversial? I think a bralet would go really nice with those jeans and a bomber jacket with a few gold chains. I really really like your blog, I find it quite interesting to read ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Were the shoes a recent purchase? They're lovely.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love both looks, the first crop top though is super perfect for Spring! You look super gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think the crop top looks lovely on you! It takes a certain type of figure to pull it off, and you deffo have that!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. love everything about this look and the necklace is perfect <3

    londonandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely outfit. I'm loving the jeans from Topshop at the moment too, great selection. Love crop tops too :D Good luck with exams

    Ellie xo design blog | beauty & fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. mind if i ask in which size you got the joni jeans?
    i struggle a bit with the sizes because i just can purchase them online and we have quite a similar figure :)
    thanks and lovely outfits

    ReplyDelete
  27. I definitely think wearing 2 statement necklaces is acceptable haha :p the more the better! And it doesn't look too much with this outfit at all :) gorgeous!

    Thanks for following my blog, following you back!!

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loving the shoooes! I meant to post this on your other post bloody ages ago and got all excited about having the same shoes haha.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig