Thursday, 30 May 2013

Review: Topshop cream blusher



Hello there, beautiful people. I have a little review of Topshop's cream blusher in 'Afternoon Tea' for you today. Now, I won't lie. I really wanted a cream blusher and when I found this one I didn't even really look at the colour. I just wanted it because it was called Afternoon Tea. I mean, what a cool name for a blusher. I know what you're thinking, 'oh my God you crazy woman why would you buy an item of make up based on the name?!' Well I'm sorry guys, that's just how I roll.

Lucky for me, this colour happens to be B-E-A-U-tiful. Yep. In the pot it looks practically neon, and yeah it kinda looks neon on your face, too. But don't worry, it's nothing a little blending can't solve. It wasn't all hunky dory though, at first I was anything but sold by the cream texture of this blusher. I'd been told by everyone that using my fingers was the best thing to do. But they were wrong. Very wrong. I am totally useless when it comes to applying make up, especially with my fingers. I just couldn't get the hang of it, and I was starting to regret the whole thing, when suddenly I thought: Screw it. And picked up my real technique contouring brush and HEY PRESTO, worked like a dream. I've basically worn this blusher every day since I discovered how to apply it properly, and it really is the nicest blusher ever. I think the colour suits my skin tone and a woman at work told me I looked like porcelain, which I took as a compliment.  



As you can see, I'm a terrible beauty blogger and used the product several times before taking a picture of it. Ha. So that's why it looks so smudged and gross. Soz!


The picture above is what it looks like swatched on my hand with no blending. I had taken a picture of it blended but it basically looked like I had nothing on my hand, so I didn't bother including it. You can blend it so it looks as bright or as natural as you like, and the creamy texture turns out to be perfect for me because I have really dry skin. So I am actually really impressed and happy with this purchase! Plus I love the adorable polka dot packaging that it comes in. And the adorable name, of course. 

I haven't included a picture of it on my face, because again the lighting was so poor that it just wasn't showing up very well. But all is not lost, you can see me wearing it in the little selfie in the top corner of my blog. 

Have you tried any of Topshop's blushers? What did you think? 






SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I have the Topshop cream blush in 'Head Over Heels' which is a coral colour and is perfect- pretty similar to this in that you can blend it out or keep it bright, one of my best purchases!

    http://olivia-ellen-wears-words.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! I have a Topshop cream blush in 'Flush', it's definitely one of my favourites! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love cream blushes, they just look so much nicer on me than normal blushers x x

    dippywrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried a cream blush, maybe I will next!

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried the Topshop blushers, but I have one very similar to this from Dainty Doll. I may give the brush technique a go though as I've found it's been looking a bit heavy and unblended with my fingers.

    Thanks for the tip!

    Sophs x

    LaVieSophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't own any products from Topshop but need to get my hands on some! Great post :) now following you..

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh this looks lovely! :) i don't own any topshop blushers but this is such a great shade!!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have really dry cheeks so I reckon this would be a dream to apply. I love how pigmented it is though, what a beaut :D :D I had to giggle at your apology for using it before pictures :<3 xxx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty blush and as you say, adorable packaging! I've not been brave enough for a cream blush just yet!


    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Texture wise, is it similar to the Stila Convertibles? It looks gorgeous!

    Jillicious Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's awesome to pay a visit this website and reading the views of all mates on the topic of this piece of writing, while I am also keen of getting know-how.

    Also visit my website; attract the right woman

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never thought to use my RT contouring brush but thanks to you I will give it a try with my cream blushes!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, the colour of this is just beautiful! So girly :)

    http://filthypaws-and-silkydrawers.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Topshop cream blush! I have Neon Rose (similar to Afternoon Tea) and Head Over Heels and both are gorgeous. I tried to apply it with my hands too and failed miserably so you're not the only one! It looks lovely on your by the way! Now following your blog :)

    www.gvadlln.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this in the shade neon rose! love the texture of these, I use my fingers and it seems to go on ok x

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig