Tuesday, 7 May 2013

My Favourite Summer Lippies


From left to right:
Clinique Chubby Stick in 'mega melon'
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip balm / stain in 'passionee'
Topshop lipstick in 'Macaroon'
L'Oreal lip butter in 'Aphrodite Scarlet'
Topshop lipstick in 'Infrared'

Today I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite summer lipsticks. Recently I wrote a post about how I was having a totally un-seasonal obsession with dark lippies, and had just purchased my first ever MAC lipstick in 'Rebel' which is a deep purple colour and just beautiful. However, now that the sun is beginning to show it's face I'm finding myself drawn back to the old bright and cheerful favourites.

First up is the Clinique Chubby Stick. It's actually a mini version that I got for free when I was buying some Clinique foundation a while ago. I wasn't that fussed about it at first but for the last few weeks I've been really loving it as a day-to-day, wear-to-work, kind of lippy. It's a subtle colour that brightens up my face without looking too 'out there', plus it's sooo creamy and moisturising. What's not to love?

Next is basically a Revlon dupe of the Chubby stick, only it's full sized and a much brighter colour. I review this lippy a few months ago which you can read here. I love the bright pink colour, it's just perfect for summer. Love love love.

The two Topshop lipsticks I've included are 'Macaroon' and 'Infrared'. The former is a corally pink colour which I love for summer because it's beachy and lovely. 'Infrared' on the other hand is a bright orange, and when I say bright I mean BRIGHT. I've never owned an orange lipstick before but the other day when I was wandering around Topshop I decided that I definitely needed one in my life. I have big plans to wear this orange lippy all summer long, so watch this space.

Finally we have the L'Oreal lip butter. I bought this because the girl on the advert had such gorgeous lips and looked really amazing and I thought hey, I wanna look like that. Great advertising there, L'Oreal, well done. It's a bright pink colour but it's quite sheer so you can build up the colour depending on how you're feeling that day. It's perfect on a hot day with a dewy complexion and a cute little summer dress. 


So those are my favourite Spring / Summer lippies at the moment. As you can see I like pink. A lot. But I'm mixing it up a bit this year with pretty corals and brave oranges, too. I've swatched the colours below (in the same order as the first photo) and you can probably see me wearing most of these lippies in my outfit photos!  

What are your favourite lipsticks for Summer? 





SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Beautiful! Great post! I love the Topshop Infrared!

    rachael-victoria.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors!!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to jump on the clinique chubby stick bandwagon, they sounds awesome!

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Revlon's balm stains, I own two now! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!

    Feel free to check out my blog too:)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wearing brights in the summer too! A few of my faves are MAC Pink Nouveau and Vegas Volt.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sooo want the Revlon just bitten lipstick, I have one colour and now I just want more and more!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo..... Not tried any Topshop makeup yet but really should
    Lovely swatches

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have all these but in different shades! I use the revlon one most, I just love the stain it leaves behind after the initial layer has worn off. I really like the chubby stick for a subtle hint of moisturising colour. I really want to try the intense ones though! I'm not as sold on the lip butters, I have 2 but they're a bit shiny for my liking x

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya!

    I really like these choice of lippy colour, I think they would be a great choice for you.

    I wasn't a great fan of the Revlon Kissable Lip Balm at first, however it has grown on me.
    It's super easy to apply.

    LiLi Xx
    www.LetsGetLippy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig