Thursday, 9 May 2013

Met Gala 2013

PUNK: Chaos to Couture

So the Metropolitan Museum of Art hosted their annual Gala the other day and it was dripping with beautifully dressed celebs - even if they didn't all exactly stick to the 'punk' theme. Either way, I thought I'd give you a taste of some of my favourite outfits from the fabulous event... 

Met Gala 2013 fashion

Taylor Swift and Cara Delevingne are possibly my two favourite ladies ever, and their sleek black embellished dresses totally hit the mark for me. Best dressed of the evening in my humble opinion. 

Met Gala 2013 fashion

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but MK Olsen is one eclectic chick and I for one love her for it. This outfit totally encapsulates her boho style and I think she looks a-ma-zing. Rita Ora looked pretty fine too, no? 

Met Gala 2013 fashion

Last but not least, Blake Lively and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. With figures like these it's hard not to look amazing in a floor length gown, and Rosie's mesh top is a subtle hint towards the 'punk' theme, without being too OTT - and don't even get me started on the beautiful colour!

So those were my favourites. I think if I was to be invited to such an event (ahem) then I'd wear something like the first two dresses. Black and embellished = punk but classy. I like it.

Who were your 'best dressed' celebs from the Met Gala this year? Did any of my favourites hit the mark for you, or would they have landed on your 'worst dressed' list instead?!





SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I think Cara looked amazing.. she's just gorgeous!! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara and Taylor were two of my absolute favourites too, they really embraced the theme whereas others (Kim Kardashian what were you wearing?!) didn't.
    I also really liked Nina Dobrev's attire. http://static.entertainmentwise.com/photos/Image/585ninadmetgala.jpg

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the outfits- they're so dramatic! love cara delevingne's the best xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh Cara's outfit, totally nailed the theme! Can't help but feel that loads of people just ignored it!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sarah jessica parker's dress was eccentric but still suited her 100%!

    love your blog!! have followed

    would be so grateful if you could check mine out too

    rosesandcoses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just did a post on this as well :) Definitely agree with Cara!! Her dress was to die for. I didn't see Blake's before I posted, otherwise I would've added her. She looks a dream! Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Taylor's dressed the best with MK a close second as it's not an obvious choice but still looks so cool! x

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought Cara looked amazing as always as did Rita Ora. There were some slightly crazy interpretations of the punk theme there though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your two favorite are actually my two favorite...oh but the color of Rosie's dress is beyond gorgeous.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought Cara looked great! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Blake Lively! I think she looked so stunning at the gala. It amazes me how she can make any look work perfectly!

    I found your blog through the #bbunch bloghop, I’m excited to start following you :) A Beautiful Twenty-Something Life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig