Saturday, 20 April 2013

Worldwide Wardrobe Competition... Part 2

So it turns out I just couldn't wait to make the rest of my entries for the Worldwide Wardrobe competition, and I had too many ideas spilling out of my head so I just went ahead and made them. If you want to find out more information about entering the competition then read my previous post here or alternatively visit the Travel Supermarket website.

Here are my final entries. I hope you like them and please let me know which ones are your favourites!

Sightseeing in Paris

worldwide wardrobe
Tulle skirt, Modcloth - £24
Crop top, Topshop - £15
Leather Vest, Forever 21 - £14.25
Flatforms, ASOS - £28
Flower crown, Crown and Glory - £20
Bag, Zara - £49.99
Necklace, Accessorize - £8

Total = £159.24

I think this outfit might be my favourite one out of all my entries. For my Paris outfit I wanted something chic and stylish to fit in with the fabulous French ladies, but I still wanted it to be 'me'. Hence the leather jacket. I took my inspiration from good old Carrie Bradshaw when she wore her beautiful tulle skirt in Paris in the Sex and the City series. And seeing as tulle seems to be all the rage at the moment I thought it would be perfect. I paired it with a stripy crop top because you can't go to Paris and not wear stripes. I was tempted to opt for some sky scraping heels, Carrie Bradshaw style, but decided to keep it realistic with some bang on trend flatforms instead. Nobody really wants to be climbing up a million steps in the Eiffel Tower in 5inch heels, do they?

I added the Zara Office City bag because, hello? It's beautiful. I really wanted to include it in one of my entries and it seemed to fit perfectly in this one. When you're sightseeing you're bound to pick up lots of souvenirs and maps, etc, so you'll need a nice roomy bag like this one to carry it all around in!

And lastly, the flower crown. I figured when you're in the fashion capital of the world you may as well go a little out of your comfort zone. The flowers and the ballerina skirt are all very girly and pretty so I think the black accessories pull everything together and make it a bit more edgy. Something I would definitely wear!

Full Moon party in Thailand

worldwide wardrobe

Bikini bottoms, River Island - £12
Bikini top, Topshop - £17
Sandals, Zara - £26
Bag, New Look - £19.99
Hat, H&M - £7.99
'Rebel', MAC - £14
Bracelets, H&M - £5.99
Necklace, Etsy - £11

Total = £127.97

This turned out to be by far the cheapest entry out of the five for me. Probably due to the fact there is no substantial clothing in this one. I have never been to a Full Moon party in Thailand but from my research it seems that nobody really wears much more than a bikini so I decided there was simply no need for anything else. I'm loving high waisted bikinis this season, and this printed one from River Island is just beautiful! I prefer to pair printed bikini bottoms / tops with the alternating item in a plain block colour so instead of using the matching RI top I chose this simple Topshop one instead. The accessories really do the talking with this outfit and the neon jewellery seemed a pretty perfect match for a beach party. Topped off with simple sandals and a big floppy hat and you're good to go! Not forgetting a huge bag to carry all your essentials (towel, camera, alcohol, etc). I chose the transparent one from new look because the material seems pretty beach friendly and you can't go wrong with perspex at the moment!

Cocktails in New York
worldwide wardrobe

Dress, Warehouse - £58
Belt, Mango - £22
Shoes, Zara - £65
Necklace, Dorothy perkins - £14
Knuckle clutch, Boohoo - £22

Total = £181

My final entry! For this one I kept it super simple, with just an LBD and lots of studded accessories. I think this outfit is really 'me' and definitely something I would wear should I happen to be in New York for cocktails. I wanted something a bit more special than a mini dress, but didn't want anything too dramatic and glamorous so I opted for this black dress with the mesh skirt which I think is a great compromise! I saw Shenae Grimes wear something similar a while ago and it looked amazing. She has really cool style. Anyway I paired it with a knuckle clutch bag, because it just looks bad-ass, and the killer spiked heels from Zara with the studded waist belt pull the outfit together. I could definitely see myself in this outfit with a strawberry daiquiri in my hand. Could you?

Please let me know what you think of my entries! I had so much fun pulling them all together so I'd love to know which ones your favourites are.

And don't forget to enter the competition yourselves, too!










SHARE:

15 comments

  1. The Paris and NY entries are perfection!
    Good luck!

    www.monadot.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole Paris outfit, especially the crop top. Very chic :)

    becominghugo.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is simply amazing, love all the pieces (: x

    talkingpickles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love paris style... love all of these...
    would you like to follow each other?

    kristinateo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Paris one! Top and bag are beaut! Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first outfit, right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely wear the first outfit, it's got just the right amount of girly-ness for me! And i love the floral crown :)
    The black warehouse dress is so stunning, I love the gold details :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo I love the sightseeing in paris!!! Brill :) X Want to do one now x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The paris outfit is SO perfect. I always try to look chic when I travel but alas, it's near impossible and I don't know why :-( love this!
    www.perksofbeingagapyearer.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Paris one! I just bought a flower head band for when I goto paris in summer!
    http://adesignrookie.blogspot.co.uk/
    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sight seeing in Paris.. And how you have mixed girly and edgy!! Works amazing together! Good luck in the competition, can't wait to have a nosey at the winners x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not even understand how I stopped up here, however I thought this
    publish was great. I do not realize who you might be however certainly you are going to a
    famous blogger in the event you are not already. Cheers!


    Here is my site ... reputation management

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great worκ! Thiѕ is the kind οf info that shοuld
    bе shагed aсross the net.
    Shame οn the ѕearch engines for now nοt positionіng thiѕ submit higheг!
    Come on oѵer and conѕult with my web
    sitе . Thanks =)

    Μy wеbsіte: reputation management

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig