Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Salted caramel hot chocolate.

Salted caramel hot chocolate recipe


Seriously, whoever the first person was to combine salt with caramel should give themselves a big pat on the back. It's delicious. I've been looking at salted caramel recipes on Pinterest recently and honestly there are hundreds. Salted caramel cookies, salted caramel brownies, salted caramel pies, cakes, cocktails, ice cream. The list goes on. Anyway I've been dying to try out some of these recipes and thought for my first attempt I'd keep it simple and go for the hot chocolate. I think it's safe to say that it was a success!


salted caramel hot chocolate recipe

All you need to make a batch of this hot chocolate is milk, cream, chocolate (half plain, half caramel), and salt! Plus any extras you might want for the topping. Being the amateur that I am, I didn't use specific quantities or follow a proper recipe for this. Whoops! But I think it's pretty easy to just wing it with this sort of thing anyway. 

salted caramel hot chocolate recipe

I used my glasses (well... jars) to measure out the milk and cream. I went half and half. So that's one glass milk another glass cream. To be honest next time I think I'd go without cream and just use milk because it was pretty rich and filling! But if that's how you swing then hey, why not go to whole hog! Skip the milk and just use cream. That's the beauty of my lack of professional recipe, you can do what you want!

Anyway literally all I did was break up the chocolate and put it in a pan with the milk, cream and a pinch of salt, turned up the heat and stirred until it was all melted and combined together. Then I just brought it to the boil so it was hot enough to drink and poured it all back into the glasses (jars). All finished off with some squirty cream, a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of salt! Yum!

salted caramel hot chocolate recipe

If you're still a little bit cautious of the salt and caramel combination then you can always leave the salt out. But I recommend you try it. You might be pleasantly surprised!

salted caramel hot chocolate recipe

Mmm tasty. (I promise I didn't finish them both off by myself...)
Let me know how yours turn out.




SHARE:

14 comments

  1. That looks just a little bit yummy! May have try that out on my 'cheat' day!
    Annie xx
    www.talesofanniebean.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, this looks delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks incredible!! Salted caramel is my favourite thing ever. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much for getting sim wear ready ;)....so yummy!!!!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow THANK YOU for sharing these! Salted caramel is such a good mix!! Cant wait to try these out :)

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG looks amazing!!!

    http://fromkirstyloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely trying this!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word these look amazing! Perfect cold weather treat. I am so off to the super market tonight mmm xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious, i really must try this, salted hot-choc genius *hi-5*
    Sammie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig