Thursday, 25 April 2013

How NOT to survive university

1. Go out partying. A lot.

2. Make sure you've chosen a degree that you hate, so you can moan about it all the time.

3. Leave all of your assignments until the day before they're due in. This is when you will do your best work.

4. Don't do any of the reading during term time. Just leave it all until a couple of weeks before your exams.

5. Lie ins are more important than seminars.

6. Spend all your money in Topshop and at the pub. It doesn't matter if you can't afford food or heating in the house. You need that new bag. And a beer.

7. There's no need to take notes in lectures. You probably know more than your lecturers anyway. Use this time to nap.

8. Ignore all your emails. They have no useful or interesting information. Unless the subject says 'lesson cancelled' - read those ones.

9. Don't go food shopping. Trips to the burger van down the road will do the job. 

10. Spend hours and hours looking at pictures of cats on Pinterest. It is an incredibly valuable use of your time.


(Haha. This is a really old photo but I love it.)

Slightly different post to usual so I hope you liked it. I'm just finishing up my second year at Uni and haven't exactly had the best time there so far. Everything I mentioned above has come from personal experience and I'm basically trying to get the message across that - if any of you are planning to go to university - then please don't make the same mistakes that I have made (and continue to make!)





SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Loved this! Completely with you on the do a degree you hate an can moan about one. Coincidentally I'm an English lit student too...maybe it's a common problem haha (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha love this! I can't wait to start uni in September!


    emilyemilybeth.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhaa this is awesome! I miss uni so much!x

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really funny! aha

    http://omfgflora.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha this is uni life to a tee.... love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, this takes me right back! I miss Uni so!
    I pretty much made all these mistakes, especially no. 2, but wouldn't change it for the world. Made some of the best friends there.

    www.monadot.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is basically my life!
    my-world-in-pictures-and-words.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am no longer sure where you're getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend a while learning much more or figuring out more. Thanks for excellent information I was on the lookout for this info for my mission.

    Here is my web blog - how many calories do you burn walking

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig