Friday, 19 April 2013

Current obsessions... dark lips (feat MAC Rebel)


Apparently dark lips are my current obsession. It makes no sense considering we're gradually making our way into Spring and I should be coveting lovely light coral and pink lipsticks at the moment but no, as usual I have to be difficult. Dark purples and reds for me please. 

I recently purchased my first ever MAC lipstick (does that mean I'm an official beauty blogger now??) and after looking at hundreds of swatches from other bloggers, and making lots of umm-ing and ahh-ing noises, I finally decided on the shade 'rebel'. It's a deep purple colour but on your lips it's not nearly as dark as you might think. Considering I have very pale skin and fair eyelashes / brows I thought it might be tricky pulling off a dark lipstick but the rebel shade is really good because it's not too dark, while still being dramatic. If you know what I mean. 

Anyway, here I am wearing it (ignore the flicky bit of short hair - argh!). What do you think?


What are you all currently obsessing over at the moment? Let me know!







SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Suits you!
    Lovely shade!

    www.monadot.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shade is gorgeous and I agree with the comment above. It really suits you.

    For me this summer it's all about the nail varnishes :) bright colours and lots of them!

    becominghugo.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos looks absolutely amazing...I also have these phases, where I am into darker lips...like your look!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so much about this rebel colour- it looks so lovely and suits you so much! I need to get into wearing lipstick more xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um you could totally pull it off! It's a lovely shade and actually goes really well with your skin tone, etc!! Nice collage, too!
    styledrummer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last fall I became pretty obsessed with dark lips too! The photos you've posted are great inspiration. MAC Rebel of one of my all-time favourite shades and you wear it so well! I was struck by the title of your post, because my latest post also featured my current obsession- Lush Sea Spray!

    Really liking your blog- have a great weekend :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. we're going into winter now in Australia and omg dark lips come to mumma! xx

    http://misstephaniechen.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. your lips look so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have MAC Rebel - it's so lovely but I get scared about wearing it, it's such a statement. Looks amazing on you here!

    Nancy
    concrete|cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  10. This paragraph will assist the internet users for creating new web site or even a blog from start
    to end.

    My website: calories burned walking calculator

    ReplyDelete

  11. Nice tips, but i've one more to add to this is Lip Lite. With the help of which now it is possible to get rid of dark lips. It is an all in one solution to all lip-related troubles. Most importantly, LipLite is a result of a profound research and one of its kind in the Lip De- pigmentation sector. Also, it is a non greasy formula which does not allow dust or any harmful substance to stick on your lips. Hence, it is the best lip treatment for dark lips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig