Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Last day as a 'spendaholic'...





(Jacket, River Island. Top, New Look. Skirt, Topshop. Tights, Primark. Boots, Next. Hat, Topshop. Belt, Topshop. Necklace, Topshop.)

Wow. I am seriously lacking the ability to pull an attractive face. Anyway, I just need to take a moment to mention my fabulous friends Jason (who's blog you can read here), and Amanda, for taking so many pictures of me recently. I so often drag them out of bed to take snaps of me outside our house and they always oblige without fuss or complaint. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Today I've decided to put myself on a serious spending budget. I've taken some cash out of the bank to use for parking at uni, food, and other necessities, but I am determined to leave my various debit cards at home. I'm hoping this will dramatically reduce the amount of impulse buys that I come home with every day after wandering around town during breaks from university. I seem to have acquired a spending addiction recently and I need to put a stop to this as it's getting ridiculous. I'm living far beyond my means, as they say. (Whoever 'they' are).

My drastic money saving brain wave didn't come soon enough though, as this morning, before I made the decision, I had already spent £2.50 on these awesomely fun tights with polka dots on. I'm not going to beat myself up about it though, because they weren't exactly expensive and, let's face it, they're amazing. Money well spent. 

I got so excited over my new tights that I decided I needed to include them in an outfit post right away. I paired them with a basic vest and my cute black skirt from Topshop with lace at the bottom. To round the outfit off I embraced my inner hipster and threw on my khaki beanie hat. (Just kidding, my ears were chilly.) And of course, my staple sparkly ankle boots. I just don't think I like any of my other shoes anymore

Unfortunately almost as soon as I'd taken these pictures I was reminded that I had to leave for work within about twenty minutes, and so I had to do a quick change and swap my new fabulous tights for my boring work uniform. Sigh. It now seems like I've changed my clothes about 10 times today. 

I have owned various patterned tights over the last couple of years but I've never had much luck with them so far. I bought some Henry Holland suspender tights a while ago and they laddered on the first night I wore them. I also recently got a pair of tights similar to my polka dot ones, but instead of dots they had tiny little crosses on them. I l o v e d them but, again, they laddered almost straight away. I think maybe I'm jinxed or something? Hopefully I'll have better luck with my new Primark ones! (Although. I doubt it.)

Thanks for reading, beauties. Peace out!

Sarah.

PS. Please excuse my knobbly knees. 








SHARE:

27 comments

  1. cute outfit! love the dotty tights!

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really remind me of Blake Lively in your first picture. Beautiful!

    Love your blog :)

    Elle
    http://theellenextdoor.blogspot.co.uk/
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaat haha thanks so much - what a compliment!
      I'm gonna check your blog out now :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. Love your jacket and the styling - I am on a spending ban for March too! Good luck

    Be great if you could check out my post on how to wear graphic jumpers for SS13

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you: the polka dots tights look great. I exactly know that, you think "oh, it's not that expensive" and at the end of the month, it's kinda payback time ;)
    But I like your texts and your outfits a lot, so I just had to become reader of your lovely blog. And it would be so nice if you had a look at mine, too? :)
    Have a great day!
    Kisses, Feli <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw what an adorable outfit. I love your tights!

    Love Daniela (new fan) oxo

    ohellabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this outfit, its def the tights that make it! primark have the best tights I dont get mine from anywhere else! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah they really do! They had such a big selection. I might get some more!

      Xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely outfit, your polka dot tights are so cute! I have some pattern tights but they are still in the packet I'm not brave enough to wear them I should maybe whip them out! x


    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the outfit, those boots are pretty snazzy! I always ladder patterned tights, I think they're just too thin really! good luck with the spending ban, I need to do the same thing really, hide my debit card!xx

    coldknees.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I got them for Christmas and have barely taken them off since!
      I'm hoping leaving the debit cards at home will help but that can't stop me online shopping... Argh! Haha

      xx

      Delete
  9. good luck with your challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you styled the tights! New follower!
    My-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh i love a pair of funky patterned tights. i had a major obsession at one point, and had to buy a new pair everytime i left the house!
    Also good luck with your spending ban, i'm doing one as well now! I've spent a ridiculous amount in American Apparel within the last few weeks - we can do it! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely outfit! I love all the layering and the little lace skirt!! And glitter shoes are always great, I made a pair myself last year and felt super fashionable when they came in after haha. Also, your legs! Damn, wanna swap!?

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made a pair?! Wow!
      Haha thanks lovely

      Xx

      Delete
  13. I used to be obsessed with wearing the most outrageous patterned tights, some of them were just ridiculous! I've toned them down now! These dotty ones are on the right side of quirky! And I love your khaki beanie X

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sounds interesting! Thanks lovely

      Xx

      Delete
  14. This is such a simple yet lovely outfit. Love Sammie.
    www.littleblondelife.com x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tights are adorable! Such a simple yet stylish outfit :)

    http://filthypaws-and-silkydrawers.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great outfit! Your boots and the skirt are amazing!

    Best Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this outfit, you look seriously great!

    www.laurensibs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great look, everything is perfect <3
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig