Friday, 1 February 2013

Braving the intimidating...


Windswept hair. Looking good.


Hey there my lovely readers! So, having recently been paid, I've been on a bit of a spending spree the last few days (more posts to come), and one of the things I spent my money on were these disco pants. I've been lusting over this trend for a while now, although I have also had my reserves about it, which is why it's taken me so long to jump upon this particular band wagon.

The first thing that put me off the disco pants trend is that they can be a bit... hipster. Now, don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with being a hipster. I just don't particularly like to associate myself with that style too heavily. So that was what first concerned me about buying some. My second worry was the hefty price tag on the American Apparel pair (£75!!!) which seemed a teensy bit extravagant, especially on my budget. Nevertheless, I was browsing through my standard internet sites the other day, and came across these lovely ones on missguided.co.uk for a mere £11.99. I know. I could barely believe it myself. So, a day later (Missguided have incredible delivery service) they were in my hands and voila, this blog post was born.

I'm not sure what particularly drew me to buy the blue pair, possibly because they remind me of my jeans, and felt safe. Anyway, I got the blue ones. I'm pleased with my choice because they're a really lovely shade and I wear far too much black anyway, so it's a win win. The one thing I would mention about these trousers for anyone thinking about buying a pair, is that they show every single lump and bump - which can be irritating when choosing underwear. Also, you've gotta feel pretty confident about wearing them because they feel so revealing. Make sure you're the one wearing the trousers, not the other way round. If you see what I mean. However, despite them being so i n c r e d i b l y tight fitting, they're actually surprisingly flattering! So don't be too intimidated and put off by them...

I'm not sure whether I'll wear these during the day very much. I've seen some people style them casually, and pull it off. But for me I think they'll always be a 'going out' kind of thing. So I'd definitely wear them with heels, and maybe a crop top. I like the 50s feel they have to them and they remind me of Sandy from Grease. You know, once she loses the 'good girl' image. 

So, as some sort of conclusion, I'm glad I bought these disco pants because I've been wanting to try them for a while, and it's definitely good to take risks with fashion. Sometimes it won't work out. But I guess you won't know 'til you try, right?  


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I love the colour, so far I have only braved black disco pants! But these look so nice! I think I might have to invest in a pair of maroon ones!

    Hannah

    www.anon-mode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, couldn't believe how cheap they are!

      Delete
  3. Adorable!
    I've never worn the shiny disco pant, but I'm all about the tight-fitting leggings and boots trend.
    there are flashy but in a subtle, stylish way! love your outfit, too!
    <3alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look great on you! and such a gorgeous colour too! :)

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I'm really pleased with them :)
      Xx

      Delete
  5. lovely outfit- the disco pants look awesome, i never thought of getting some in the blue colour xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig