Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Recent shopping haul...


(Dress, New Look. Necklace, Primark. Watch, River Island. Make up bag, Cath Kidston. Glasses case, Cath Kidston. Shoes, River Island. Bag, Zara.)

I'm just writing this quick post to show off all my new goodies that I've bought recently. If you follow me on Instagram then you've probably already seen most of this. If you don't follow me on Instagram then why ever not?? (@sarah_nunn). I haven't done much January sale shopping this year to be honest because I sort of ran out of money after New Year (sad face), but I have acquired a few lovely things over the last couple of weeks which is always nice, and here they are! 

As you can tell from the first picture I have a slightly concerning obsession with black. I don't know why but I always find myself drawn to black clothes and accessories. I think I suit black. When buying dresses I find it difficult to steer away from it because I like classic styles which can be worn throughout various seasons which means that patterns and loud colours are usually off the table. Last year I made a New Years resolution to wear less black, but that didn't really happen and I'm not particularly ashamed about it as I have learned to embrace it instead! Anyway. I don't know why I felt the need to explain myself, but there you go.

Over the last few months I've been through a bit of a shopping transition (if that's a thing?) I used to constantly buy new dresses or outfits for nights out, and leave little to no money left for accessories and make up and other little bits and pieces. Recently I've learnt to enjoy the little things, like a new make up bag and few pieces of jewellery. And so since then I've stopped buying new dresses for every night out, and I've been buying 'little and often' if you know what I mean. 


These little patterned beauties I'm sure you will recognise straight away as Cath Kidston (not to mention they've still got the labels on). I've never been as into Cath Kidston as everybody else has, but I wandered in there today and couldn't resist this little make up bag and glasses case... even though I've lost my glasses at the moment... oh well. I got some expensive make up for Christmas and so I definitely needed a new place to store them all as they are much too good for the free gift bag in which they are sitting at the moment.


These are my new best friends. I spoke about them briefly in my recent outfit post in which I told you about their horribly steep incline. (We have a love / hate relationship). Anyway they were £20 in the River Island sale and I'd been lusting after them for a little while so I am still very excited about this recent purchase (yay!) I am also always very drawn to black heels. Probably because I'm under the impression that I'll be able to wear them with everything. Which I can and I do. Win win.


Another River Island purchase. This watch cost more than the shoes. I'm not ashamed about that though because I think it's a pretty good alternative to the Michael Kors that I'm desperately seeking which is probably about ten times the price of this. Kerching!


Finally my Zara bag. I saw this in the Zara in Covent Garden but decided not to buy it because I wanted to look around a bit first. When I eventually decided I definitely wanted the bag it was absolutely nowhere to be seen in any of the four Zaras in Oxford Street. Yes. We looked through FOUR Zaras. So I came home empty handed, but it wasn't all bad because after Christmas I ordered it online and it had been reduced by a couple of pounds. So it was meant to be after all! I basically fell in love with this bag because it's black because it's B-E-A-UTIFUL. I mean, who doesn't love fringing???

So there you have it, a sneak peak into my recent shopping haul. 

Sarah. 

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. That bag is beautiful!!
    Loving your blog so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and a lovely start to a blog!
    I love that Zara bag! I'm also into bodycon midi dresses at the moment, think I may be getting obsessed lol! I have that cross necklace from Primark in Black, it's great isn't? Goes with so many outfits!
    Rosy x
    http://rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      Yeah I wear the necklace with everything now, I can't believe it was only £2!

      Delete
  3. Can we just talk about those shoes--oh so gorgeous!You bought some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that watch, like you say much cheaper than MK and still really pretty :)

    Lauren x
    pinkforflamingos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and lovely haul. I also have that cross dress from Primark! I love that dress xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm not normally Cath Kidston's biggest fan but I did really like these little things!
      Thanks :)

      xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig